Dizzy. Had hearing problems. High blood pressure. On tramadol. Advise?

Sometimes over the last few years when I stand up I get kind of a dizzy feeling and my hearing goes in and out with the whooshing that maybe at the same rate as my heart. Sometimes it also happens when I laid down on my chest propped up with my pillow to watch TV but it always seems to go away after about 30 seconds.

My blood pressure is often on the high side I'm told and I do take a blood pressure medicine in the morning.

in fact one time a few weeks ago when I laid down in this manner I became very dizzy for an extended period of time and that was very concerning.

the only other prescription I take is tramadol but I've only been taking that medication here recently and only when I need it for joint pain and the problem I'm describing above as existed for at least 2 years.

thank you, David
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013