Discomfort outside arm while doing push ups. Is it a muscle pull?

I was doing lots of push ups with a popular workout program (as best I could due to my strength and weight. I began to feel like i had maybe pulled a muscle on the outside of my arm . I stopped about 4 months ago thinking that I just needed to rest. I went to work out and it is still bothering me. It gives me discomfort on the outside of the arm below the shoulder when I put my arma at my side and move it up ( not moving it in front of my body but up from the sides. What do you think it could be?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012