Discomfort in right side below belly button,bruise after using Dr.Scholls massager as sex vibrator

Hi, I am 17 years of age I have a question and i am a bit worried. Several times I used a Dr. Scholls massager as a sex vibrator. I believed it had the heat on (i can t remember) It was new; however, my question is, will it damage my vagina or hymen? Right after I stopped using it i began to feel a bit discomfort on my right side below my belly button. at times i feel like is something is pinching me or a bruise . I m worried and scared . Also, before i started using that massager, i used a different one that was dirty over the years. it had dirt and it was in my parents room. no one in my family has a sexually transmitted disease but can i still get an infection from it? can it harm me? I would really appreciate if you can please answer my questions I m worried thanks
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Hi Maria,

Welcome to Health Care magic.

I have gone through your query and i would like to answer you step by step.

Coming to first question- Yes, a vibrator can damage hymn due to direct injury. For that matter any foreign matter and even fingers can damage hymen while masturbating. Even the vaginal walls can get damaged due to the frictional force and the heat generated by the vibrator.

Coming to your next question about pain abdomen- The pain in lower abdomen can be due to a GIT cause or a genital infection or an UTI or simply a muscle strain. As you have not mentioned anything about abnormal vaginal discharge or fever , the chances of you having genital infection is highly unlikely. As you have not complained anything about burning sensation while passing urine, the possibility of an UTI can be ruled out. Now we are left with GI causes and muscle strain. In case if you have any abnormal bowel movements like passing hard stools or have constipation, the pain could be due to a GI cause. As far as my guess goes it could just be a muscle strain.

Coming to your final question- The chances of you getting an STD is highly unlikely as you have mentioned that none of your family members had a history of STD. But there is a chance of you getting infected due to the bacteria and fungi present in the dirt.

Final Verdict- Just Stop worrying. You are highly unlikely to be having an infection. In case if you have any fever or abnormal vaginal discharge see a gynaec and get treated accordingly.

Play safe and be careful while using such instruments.