Dilated kidney, done surgery for stone removal, swelling. Pain in left side

Hello my name is anna and I problems with my left kidney being dilated for about 3 months now. I started with kidney stones obstructing but had them removed surgically and the symptoms didn t subside and the swelling never went away. My cuurent urologist is now telling me that it is chronic (whatever that means) and that he doesnt think the pain I am experiencing is from the dilated kidney even though he admits the kidney is severely dilated. I am in agony and it is a dull ache on the left side. How can he at one point tell me it is only hurting from the dilation and now be telling me it isn t what is hurting. I am suffering and he is now sending me to a different doctor at CU boulder I am so frustrated and feel like he doesn t believe me
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012