Difficulty swallowing, cough, green phlegm and mucus, chest and nasal Congestion, sore throat, flu symptoms. Need to go to doctor ?

I ve had the following symptoms for the last two weeks: Cough, Yellow/Green Phlegm and mucus , Chest Congestion, Nasal Congestion , sore throat-- General Cold/ Flu symptoms . Unfortunately the last few days I ve developed a stronger pain somewhere in my throat. It s difficult to swallow, as if there s inflammation or something. I m not sure how to tell if that s swollen glands or if it s my tonsils but it s extremely annoying and moderately painful. It s been four days and progressively getting worse. At first it was just at night, then at night and in the morning, and now I constantly feel like something is constricting my throat. I can breathe enough, aside from the phlegm I cough up from time to time, but swallowing food is difficult. I ve been drinking nothing but water and tea for the last few days and eating regularly. I feel like it should be better by now, this isn t a usual sore throat for me. Should I be going to the doctor or am I over reacting?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013