Difficulty in walking since hit on the knee, pain on bending, MRI showed ACL. Medicine for reconstruction of ligament?

Hi, My age is 37. 6 months back I fell down at my home while playing with mt kid. Floor mat slipped me and my right Knee hit the floor tiles very forcefully. From there on I am unable to walk properly. That is I am getting pain while bending my leg. Normal walk have slight pain. But I am able to do my normal activities. If I jump or run I am getting more pain and it retains for a week. The MRI report says that its a partial Ligament tear ( ACL ). The Ortho doctors said that its very minor tear and I should be very careful so that it should not develop further. Please suggest me a medicine for the reconstructon/regrowth of the ligament. I dont want to go for operation. Thanks, ASK.Senthil
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012