Difficulty in swallowing since delivery, Ba Meal showed blockage. Implications and advise?

Hi Doc, My niece is 26yrs old just delivered a baby boy one month ago. During pregnancy and still she has trouble in eating her food to the extent that she cries in swallowing . Gynaec only suggested its due to pregnancy. When it still persisted doctor advised Ba Meal which showed blockage. Could you please let me know what are the implication and whats the medical advised should be.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Barium meal showed blockage at what level ??
If its blockage then it needs to be investigated and treated . The treatment also depends on the place where the blockage is . The whole length from food pipe to anus is quite long 6-7 meters.
The important part is early treatment.
Diet should depend on the blockage.
Consult a Gastroenterology surgeon so that he can examine and get the necessary tests if required and treat it.
In doubt do reply