Difficulty in swallowing due to muscle spasms. Functional neurological disorder diagnosed. Family history of heart diseases. Right diagnosis?

For the past two years, I have been experiencing many neurological problems that causes lots of muscle spasms..spasms have gotten worse and are affecting my swallowing (spasms in the esphogus) spasms in jaw, chest..Drs tell me I am a complex case and to basically settle for a diagnosis of Functional Neurological Disorder ..Should I accept this and move on or continue to search for answers. I have also been experiencing chest pain which they are assuming is causes by spasms..told not to bother the Emerg Dept..(past history of Pericarditis/ Myocarditis ) family history of heart disease..
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013