Did physiotherapy for a dislocated knee. Not able to extend the knee. How long will it take to recover?

Hi, I dislocated my right knee on 12/26/12. I was seen in Urgent Care and had xrays. I have been in Physical therapy once a week since my injury and will be following up with the orthopedic surgeon in 2 weeks. I have made great progress in PT but I am still unable to fully extend my knee. I walk with a limp because of the leg discrepancy and I am still unable to do many of my previous activities like running, motorcycle riding, walking long distances without my knee "giviging out", or "locking" with pain. I am not sure how much damage was done as a result of my injury but it seems to be more than just a simple dislocation....?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013