Did keratine hair treatment, eyes started burning, strong odour. Side effects?

Hi Doctor, I did a keratine hair treatment 2 days back n when it was done, my eyes started burning, n i felt a strong odour too. she then did the blow dry n it was a closed room, but after blow drying or about an hr she opened the door. so forabout one hour i was exposed to formaldehyde as i got these burning eyes n nose . I washed it after two days n today is my tjird day n i have a really tight feeling in my head. Im so worried n didnt know anything about this treatment side effects n would never even go that way. Please kindly assure me with my status as I cant even think of anything else apart from this, n i have two little kids at home, so im scared to even blow dry my hair or let them tough my hair... with so much thanks, Harshi
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Friend I am Dr Bilal and I am an Ophthalmologist
Welcome to Health Care Magic
I would like to answer your question and your satisfaction is my goal .

As you have mentioned in your history about exposure to formaldehyde vapours while getting keratin hair treatment . Formaldehyde vapours do cause irritation in eyes , nose and respiratory passages . The effects vary from person to person . No need to worry now if you are not experiencing any pain or irritation in eyes at present . Do not worry about the kids either . You can blow dry your hair as there would be hardly any fumes of formaldehyde now . Try to avoid the hair treatments having formaldehyde and kindly ask your hair stylist to give you the hair treatment with the formaldehyde free preparation .

I hope that would help . If you have any other question , feel free to ask .
Best regards .