Diarrhoea, intestinal ulcerations. Bowel resection done. Safe to conceive?

I had a bowel resection 2 weeks ago due to ulcerations in my intestines where my illium meets my cecum . I had approx. 4 inches removed. These ulcerations are due to my rare auto immune disorder - Behcet s. I have two questions? When should I expect normal bowel function to return? I m currently have diarrhea 6-10 times a day. I m also wondering about pregnancy and when it will be safe to become pregnant. I m 37 years old and otherwise healthy. I would like to complete my family as soon as possible.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  8 Awaiting Answer