Diagnosed with tonsillitis, have one jaw blocked with pain, one side swollen post treatment. Normal?

Hi, I went to the er last Saturday night & was told I had tonsillitis even though I m almost positive that it was strep throat . They gave me amoxicillin & I have been taking it for 5 days now. The right side of my tonsils is completely healed it seems, however, the left side hurts worse than ever & it has locked my jaw to where I can barely get a spoon in my mouth :( The left side is still very swollen too.....what should I do....or is this normal? Please help! (Trisha)
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012