Diagnosed with prostate cancer, had a surgery. Treatment of provenge? Radiation harmful?

Hello, My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 5-6 years ago and had surgery right away. He than moved back to Florida and has had his hormone treatments there. However, a month ago we were just informed that his cancer spread to his spine C7 and that is was a very large area affected. His Dr. recommended radiation and he finished his 19 round of treatment. My dad is not a complainer and has the most positive spirit ever, however I am aching inside because I do not feel his Dr. is being upfront with us and how serious my dad s condition is. When I was there with the Dr, last month he told me my father will be fine and would like to begin a new treatment of Provenge. We looked into the treatment and my father objected to the treatment after talking to his Radiation Dr. I am going to see my dad and his Dr, in three days when I arrrive in Florida, please help me with what I need to know and ask the Dr. I just want to make sure my dad gets all the possible options that he can. Thank you, A concerned Daughter, Maria Canzano
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013