Diagnosed with non obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, taking metroprol. Reason for the breathlessness on exertion?

My lipid profile is within the normal range and LDL is as low as 60. I have borderline BP which is under control with lisinopril . I am also diagnosed as having non obstructive hypertrophic cardio myopathy . I am taking metroporol since last six months. However, I still feel highly discomfortable and breathless even on small exertions. I have also undergone Angiogram and heart scan recently and everything is normal. What could be the reason for the breathlessness on exertion.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Welcome to HCM,
After going through your history,you have non obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and you are Hypertensive as well first we should be sure it is not secondary to Hypertension.
There are many causes of Shortness of breath, as your cardiac parameters are normal,other causes should be investigated.
If you are over weight/Obesity.
Pulmonary function test for any obstructive or restrictive respiratory disease.
Any role of Beta blocker ( Metaprolol ) as side effect
Is there Pulmonary Hypertension present.
If there is any thing present it needs to be diagnosed first and treated accordingly.
Good Luck