Diagnosed with mild bilateral forminal stenosis. How long does it take to cure ?

Hi I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH MILD BIOLATERAL FORMINAL STENOSIS BECAUSED OF A BULGING TORN LEAKING DISC AT L4 L5 AND i WAS WANDERING HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO PROGRESS TO MODERATE STENOSIS?? THE NERVES IN MY BACK ARE BEING IRRITATED (THERE IS NO COMPRESSION) AND IVE BEEN BOOKED IN FOR A CALDULA EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION FOR THE PAIN WHICH IS PRETTY BAD. THERE IS STILL SPACE FOR THE NERVES IN MY VERTABARE BUT HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THEM TO BE COMPRESSED?? I HAVE TRIED SEARCHING THE INTERNET FOR ANSWERS BUT CANT FIND ANY, ALSO IF THE EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTIONS DONT WORK WHAT OTHER MEDICENS ARE THERE AS A ALTERNATIVE TO SURGERY WHICH IS WHAT MY RHEMATOLOGIST SAID WOULD BE NEXT.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013