Diagnosed with lingular pneumonia, violent coughing leading to pain in left lower rib area, no relief with medicines, black out during cough. Normal?

I was diagnosed with lingular pneumonia a month ago. After a week or so of violent coughing I developed a pain in the left lower rib area. Because of the point tenderness I was convinced it was a cracked rib. X-rays confirmed pneumonia was resolving and pleura thickened in lingular area. My family md gave me hydrocodone and Motrin. That was four days ago and pain increased and went from intermittent to constant. I used to be able to find a couple of sleep positions that didn t hurt. Now there is no relief no matter what I try, to include recliner. I am scared to drive cuz a cough or sneeze might make me black out from pain. Should I see a pulmonologist or does this sound common?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012