Diagnosed with lax cardia, excruciating pain in chest. Angiography shows blockage. Cause of pain?

My husband has been diagnosed with Lax cardia. he has been getting excrutiating pain in his chest too. Which lasted for nearly 5 hours we got an Angiography done which did show some blockages in the arteries but nothing to indicate why he was have such pain . the pain did not reduce after taking 2 sorbitrates thats when we got an edoscopy done. My question is that could the pain have been caused by the lax cardia. He has been advised an antacid after every meal. what are the procautions we have to take can he have alcohol with this condition.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013