Diagnosed with interstitial cystitis and mycoplasma. Taking azithromycin. Symptoms persisting. Is the bladder still healing?

Hello, I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis a few months ago. I really felt like my problems were bacterial and not IC. I pushed to get tested for ureaplasma/ mycoplasma . My test came back postitive last week. My doc prescribed me one dose of 1000 mg azithromycin . it s been 5 days and I ve had no relief and my symptoms are worse than before taking the antibiotic. Is it possible that my bladder is still healing?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013