Diagnosed with hypoglycemia, had an episode of weakness, trembling, disorientation. Is this common after a spell of low blood sugar?

I ve been diagnosed with hypoglycemia , and even though I ve never fainted, from the condition, I have came really close to it. I m thirty-five years old, and my whole life, if I do not eat much, or on time, ex. at work (not getting a break quickly enough) I start feeling really weak, and shaky. So to make a lng story short, last night I made my fiance dinner, but I was not hungry, so I did not eat. I went to the restroom, and the next thing I know, my fiance is standing at the bathroom door asking me if I m okay. The scary thing, is that I did not know how long I had been in the bathroom, and I was quite disoriented. It basically looked like I fell asleep on the toilet. I was slumped over, and thank God I did not fall all the way over and hit my head. So Doctor Grief, when you pass out from low blood sugar , is it common to feel confused after the fainting spell? I appreciate your time to answer my question. All quite scary, being that I felt so sluggish afterwards, and that in all these years of almost feeling like I was going to pass out, I now at the age I am, is a little bit scary.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012