Diagnosed with high TSH, low T3, have constipation, fluttering in neck. No improvement with liquid iodine. Guidance?

Hello. I have recently been diagnosed through blood tests with high tsh ( hypothyroid ) and low t3. After 8 years and 3 doctors, I was finally diagnosed only because I persisted on my Doctor doing a full metabolic panel. I have known for at least 8 years that something was not right but suspect this has most likely been going on longer. Symptoms are cold hands/feet, low body temp, difficulty losing weight and keeping off despite all efforts, extreme anxiety, (dibilitating at times), depression , fatigue, severe PMS , fogginess, memory loss , trouble concentrating, and a year and a half ago I started losing crazy amounts of hair (about 2/3 so far... I had very thick head of hair to start thank god) and it s has become very dry, course, and brittle. I was diagnosed in September but was told by my Doc I needed to wait for a specialist referral because he did not want to treat it himself. I read that liquid iodine might help so I started taking it for about a week and my hair loss slowed, my mind cleared, and I was feeling improvement all around. However, when I consulted with my Doc about taking it he told me absolutley not and that it was dangerous so I stopped and my symtoms returned. As of around thanksgiving, I still had not gotten my referral. I have lost so much hair it is causing me more depression and anxiety so I made a trip up to the health food store and they recomended I start on Bovine Raw Thyroid which I started immediatley. Really have not noticed any improvement but I have noticed severe constipation and a fluttering feeling in my neck just about where my thyroid is and I am a bit concerned about this. I got my specialist call last week and I have an appointment with an Endo on the 18th of December. I suppose my question would be, should I be concerned with the fluttering and constipation? Should I stop the raw thyroid and wait for my appointment or could that make it worse now that I have been taking it for 2 weeks? Is the liquid iodine harmful for me to take? Lastly, what will make my hair quit falling out and will it come back once I am treated? I am very frustrated and anxious to get the help I have been asking for for years. Any guidance to get me through the next 3 weeks would be warmly embraced. 3 weeks seems like an eternity at this point. :( Thank You!
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012