Diagnosed with hiatal hernia, on medicines, gas, bloating, constipation, cold sweats after working, all tests normal. Advice?

I have been seeing my PCP for a GI issue for about a year had upper and lower gi with nothing found but small hylatel hernia . Have been taking prilosec but still have gas, bloating , constipation. Have been tested for just about everything including lyme disease . All of a sudden recently getting cold sweats when I exsert myself IE work-out or work around the house I see a cardiologist for bi-gemeny and slow heart rate. I have been a runner most of my life and don t have any other bad symtoms like fainting loss of breath and have had stress test and other heart tests done last year with no results. Can t get any answers but am concerned.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Your symptoms are very common in the general population, unfortunately there is not a test to determine the cause. Therefore patients are usually labeled as having Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which is what you may end up having, although you are not describing abdominal pain among your symptoms.
Based on your symptoms, I would highly recommend you following a "FODMAP" diet. You can search for it in the internet (google) and follow which foods you should and should not take. If followed it can help significantly with your gas and bloating.
Make sure your doctor has tested you for celiac sprue and bacterial overgrowth.