Diagnosed with herpes. Prescribed aciclovir tablets and cream. What type of herpes? Can have sex?

i had a rash last week thursday, went to my GP he said it was herpes, he said you get it after you have had chicken pox, it stay in your body after chicken pox goes away. I was shocked and forgot to ask him important questions. he has given me Aciclovir tablets 800g and aciclovir cream 5%. i want to know what kind of herpes this is, type one or type two, or if its shingles. and will be able to have sex with my partner without transmitting it. I Have not had sexual contact with anyone, ever, not before or after. the rash has gone crusty right now.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013