Diagnosed with gadtritis with h.pylori infection. On Pantocid. Having bloating, constant pain in stomach. Take antispasmodics?

my husband has been diagnosed with UGI scopy is normal ,the gastric mucosal biopsy showed evidence of chronic gastritis positive for hpylori infection. he has been prescribed with pantocid HP kit, he has bloated feel in the stomach and pain constantly. how to relieve his symptom . can i give him antispasmodics or will sucralfate or prokinetics shall help him out
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
It is possible that all his symptoms are related to his H.Pylori infection, which can lead to gastritis (stomach inflammation), and therefore pain and bloating. I recommend him taking the medications prescribed by his doctor (pantocid HP kit), and this should take care of his problem. However not everybody responds to treatment, and some patients need different antibiotics, so a test to confirm erradication of the bacteria is often needed if symptoms do not go away after therapy.