Diagnosed with enlarged spleen, CBC and mono test negative, has severe pain. Leukemia?

I brought my daughter into a family physician on Wed of this week. They diagnosed her with an enlarged spleen . They checked her blood , full CBC and mono test, which came back negative. She is 17 years old, they feel that it is swollen because of a viral infection. My concern is she still is in lots of pain AND her sister, now 19 had acute myeloid leukemia at 11. I am very concerned as I looked on the internet and this can be a cause of leukemia. What should I do now?? Both to put our mind at ease and to help her pain.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012