Diagnosed with diabetes, GERD followed by Achalasia Cardia , blood sugar levels reduced after balloon dilation. Are they related?

I was diagnosed as type 2 DM 6 years ago; i had simultaenously ESO problem and initially diagonosed as GERD . I believed that medicines taken for GERD had induced type 2 DM. Now my ESO problem aggrevated much and diagonised as Achalasia Cardia and underwent baloon dialation. soon after baloon dilation, my blood sugar levels have gone down and it is fasting and PP levels are within control; 78 and 82 respectively; is there a possibility that both problems have some link to each other? is it advisable to stop taking my regular intake of metformin XR 500mg one tablet every day? please advise ; thanks
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012