Diagnosed with dermatpmyositis, prescribed medicines, do not want to take any of those. Suggestions?

I am 57 yrs old, female, i have been diagnosed with dermatomyositis , i have done some research, but still am not sure about my survival rate , my physician still does not have me on any medications except prednisone , 50mg a day since 1st of nov, there has been 2 medicines that she is talking about putting me on, 1 is methotrexate, and the other is azathioprine , i really do not want to take either of these. what would you suggest
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013