Diagnosed with costochondritis, started suddenly. Family history of lupus. Causes for symptoms?

Hello, I have a question about Lupus . I am a 21 year old male who has recently been diagnosed with Costochondritis . I have not sustained any impact to cause the Costo, it started with no warning. My mother has Lupus and I am curious if Lupus is hereditary and if Costochondritis is an early symptom of Lupus. I am also feeling abnormally depressed and I dont know if this is due to the Costo or another possible symptom of Lupus. Any help would be appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012