Diagnosed with cirrhosis, esophageal varices, high BP, benign. Done biopsy. Help?

My husband is 68 and was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and esophageal varcies 2 years ago. No bleeding of the varcies at this point. A recent endoscopic showed a large paulip in the esophagus , a biopsy done came back benign. My husband takes meds for high blood pressure, and is pre-diabetic, controlled by diet and exercise. The Gastro Doc prescribed a liquid med to take prior to eating to coat the stomach. We are waiting to have a consultation with the Doc to discuss the results of the colonoscopy and endoscopy. What questions are the most important to ask. thank you concerned wife
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013