Diagnosed with cirrhosis of lever. Diabetic. Suggest to improve diet?

i was diagnosed on XXXXXXX 19 with stage 2/3 cirrosis of the liver and i want to know if i can improve with diet i am 51 yr old female and all studies came back negative i am diabetic and looking for answers
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As advised below

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

You haven't mentioned which investigations you have undergone, Whatever you have mentioned suggest hat you are having XXXXXXX related cirrhosis.For that what you have t do is:
1.Get SGOT/SGPT and lipid profile if abnormal required treatment accordingly
2. If you are obese or overweight, need reduction in weight by doing exercise and diet
3.I don't know which test you have undergone, at least you have to see for treatable causes of cirrhosis like hepatitis B and C and ANA/ SMA for autoimmune disease.
4. Require good glycaemic control
5.Take tab ursodeoxycholic acid and vitamin E

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with cirrhosis of lever. Diabetic. Suggest to improve diet? 20 minutes later
i have had all labs which came back normal no hepatitis or auto immune disorders
endoscopy showed 2 tiny varices with duodenal irritation and liver biopsy which staged it at a 2/3 cirrosis the liver dr said that i am a 7 and they dont consider transplant til im a 15 what does that mean?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
This appears to be Child's Score

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Sorry for delay. For staging of cirrhosis a scoring system is used which is calculated by few lab tests and clinical examination known as Child's Score or MELD score. I think they told you about child's score which was 7 in your case which suggest that as per score you are in Child's B category. But Child's B is clear cut indication of liver transplant. But if they were talking about MELD score then > 25 is indication of liver transplant. So clear it from your treating doctor