Diagnosed with PCOD and hypothyroidism. Shorter ovulation period. Will there be any problem in conception?

Hi! I am 31 years old diagnosed with Pcod and Hypothyroid. I was prescribed fertly 100 and during follicular monitoring it was observed that I ovulate on day 23-24 of the cycle.Will this pose a problem for conception? My husbands tests are normal. Thyroid levels are normal (TSH -1.57).We have been trying for 1 year now, what else could the problem be.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
From your history I understand that you have PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). This has not become the syndrome (PCOS) and as your TSH result is normal. So Your hypothyroidism is under control with tab. For ovulation to occur other than estrogen and progesterone, follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone LH) are needed. If even one of these hormones is not produced and released when it should be, ovulation may not occur when expected.
Fortunately you are ovulating. You have not mentioned about your menstrual cycle. If your menstrual cycle is not regular, for example once in 40 days, then 23rd day is normal. A healthy ovum can come from a healthy follicle only.
Regarding the treatment, if you are obese, reduce the weight by whatever means available - keep your thyroid profile normal, periodical hormone analysis of LH and FSH, get relieved of your stress and tension, reducing insulin resistance by improving insulin sensitivity through medications such as metformin, and the newer thiazolidinedione - glitazones (with consultation of gynecologist) , - are advised. Continue Tab. Fertyl for few more cycle. Regarding insemination and IVF consult Infertility specialist.
Madam, as you are ovulating, the chance for pregnancy is there. Be optimistic and don't lose hope
Best wishes