Diagnosed with IBS, get gastric distention, feeling of fullness in abdomen with eating, have difficulty in weight loss, on thyroxin. Remedy?

dear sir, i am 56 yrs, general physician by profession running a private clinic, i have been diagnosed as having irritative bowel syndrome for last 15 yrs, now for last few days anything i eat produces too much gaseous distention and feeling fullness of abdomen, with passage of gas through mouth. Previously this was with select food items (lentils, cabbage, garlic) . i have tried prokinetics, enzyme preparations, probiotics,initially anything i tried, gave relief for sometime and then become ineffective in due course,i am taking 100 mcg of thyroxin daily for hypothyroidism ,rosuvas10 mg ,and temisartan with amllodipne for BP now BP T3, T4, TSH , LFT, KFT, CBC are all within normal limits. Although I am overweight BMI 33, and try my best (daily walk and exercise bike for 1/2hr each)but unable to reduce the weight.what else should I do to get some relief
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  18 Awaiting Answer