Diagnosed with DM2, diabetes after severe itching around anus, have low FBS after taking metformin. Should I alter the dose?

Namasthe Doctors....! I am 41 Male ...was diagnosed of DM II last fortnight....after i suffered rashes around my genitals for over a week..I was also suffering itching around anus for more than a year..My fps was 221 and ppbs 360 when i was diagnosed of Diabetes . Later after taking metformin for a week it was 121 and 147 respectively..Is this normal now? Should i alter the dose? Is there a possibility where i can stop taking the tablets gradually?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012