Diagnosed strep throat. Swelling, inflammation in tonsils. Prescribed medication. Jaw not opening fully, due to swelling?

Hi, I was diagnosed with strep throat last Thursday and treated w/ 5 days of zithromax . I finished the z pack and sore throat still persists and I am still miserable. The pain throbs on the whole left side of face- my ear, jaw, and throat. I can only open my mouth less than halfway...and it does not go any further. My jaw just stops. I saw my doctor this morning and she prescribed prednisone for the swelling and inflammation of my tonsils. Is the jaw not opening properly related to the tonsil swelling? or could the infection be in my jaw? I m very scared and in pain.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013