Diabetic, taking triglycomet, weight gain, alternate medicine

Dear Sir My mom is 62 yrs old and is a diabetic, she s on Triglycomet tablet for almost 10 yrs . I heard that one of the side effects of triglycomet is it would affect the bones as well as increase weight . My mom is putting on lots of weight, but her sugar is under control. Is their any other alternate medicine. Last year she tried for some other medicines as well as insulin but her sugar was not controlled, but after taking triglycomet its become normal.Apart from triglycomet none other tablets reduces her sugar level. Kindly suggest
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012