Diabetic, hypertensive and IHD with stent done, may have gallbladder cancer. Is it chronic inflammation?

My father who is diabetic hypertensive and IHD with stent placement done in MAy 2012. now doctor while taking ultrasound is suspecting Gall bladder cancer , so MRI was taken. Doctor told its stage IV with liver and periportal lymph nodes ivolvement . Doctor suggested palliative open colecystectomy? Father is right now very fine doing his normal duties, no symptoms. I went to take second opinion from another doctor. He ask for CT scan saying MRI is little doubtfu. it might be chronic inflammmation too. Now is a CT scan actually required? Other people are telling not to subject him to surgery as it will only torture him. Please advice????
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013