Has prostate cancer with liver metastasis. Taking hormone therapy, got prostate removed, recommended chemo and zytiga. Suggest?

My father has stage 4 prostate cancer with liver metastasis. tumor in liver. He has been taking hormone therapy for two years. He got prostate removed ten years back. Dr have recommended chemo. Another has recommended Zytiga. We are in a dilemma. Can we combine zytiga with radiation or nuclear medicine(linac) with hormone? Or should we go for chemo (docetaxel) combined with hormone? Also doctor has recommended zobone instead of zomata. He has been taking zomata for last 2 years.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
docetaxel/ cabazetaxol before zytiga.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Vivekprahladan

Your father has been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer with liver metastasis. You have not told us that what is the skeletal status. As the disease has gone to liver we call it visceral metastasis. In such case, chemotherapy with dicetaxel or cabazetaxel should be tried followed by zytiga. Radiation is useful for palliative localized pain management.

Oncologists have varied experience in treating prostate cancer. Different oncologists use different agents for treating prostate cancer and all are right in their way as there is no clear cut evidence that particular agent will cure the disease. If patient becomes resistant to one agent another agent is needed to be tried.

So I advise you to follow with your experienced Oncologist for further management.
I hope you got my point,
Dr. J. Ticku