Diabetic, has weight loss, sticky urine. What precautions should be taken?

My husband is diabetic, but doesn t take care of himself. He doesn t check his sugar often, he hasn t been eating right, and he doens t take his prescription ( Metformin ). He has recently lost a TON of weight, without trying. He checked his sugar yesterday after eating a bunch of junk at my son s b day party and it was 538. I ve noticed recently that if he gets urine on the toilet seat, when I go to wipe it off, it s sticky. How concerned should I be? And what can I do to motivate him to eat right without being a nagging wife? I m worried that I m not going to have a husband for very much longer if he keeps it up.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012