Diabetic. Having weakness, starts shivering. No hemoparasites were found. What is causing this?

hi i have a diabetic father and he has lower extremity weakness, that he barely stands with support and he is being monitored on a sliding scale, currently FBS is 92 and RBS is 233 mg/dl,,,, my worry is he is febrile, 39,,38.4,, 37.8 celcius,, and sometimes it drops to normal but he starts shiverring,, there was no lab report indicating infection, and no hemoparasites were found,,so where does this fever and shivering come from? shre me something,,thanks
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012