Diabetic. Flashes of light in vision. What does this mean?

I've recently been having flashes of light in the right corner of my right eye. It comes and goes. I'm 60 yoa and have no insurance and I am a veteran. Is there any eye doctors or clinics that can assist me in getting a eye exam. I was just diagnosed with a low 147 diabetic, but not taking any medicine at this time. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Hi, The flash of light may be a sign of migraine aura or due to any problem in the retina. Since it is recurring and now diagnosed as diabetic you need further retinal evaluation using retinoscopy and also other systems. You can contact any doctor for initial evaluation in your area as urgent basis to diagnose the problem.
You have mentioned 147, is it fasting or random sample (after food). You are required to manage diabetes using lifestyle modifications and with diet based on your sugar levels.

Hope this helps you.