Diabetes, high blood pressure, 5 bypass surgery, no energy or strength, black spots in vision

my husband just got out of the hospital. He was weak in his legs and was having a hard time getting his air or wind. He has diabetes , high blood pressure , and has had a 5 bypass surgery. They took 11 pounds of fluid from his body during the time he was in the hospital. He is having a hard time keeping any energy or strength. He is on a 1500 mg sodium diet now. Yesterday he had crackers and peanut butter before going to church at 10:30. After church we went to a restaurant for lunch. While he was sitting there he began having black spots in his vision . This is not the first time. After he ate lunch, he did feel better. We are concerned about the black spots. Wondering if it is could be his sugar level is low or just because he is getting weak and needs to eat. I have been telling him I believe he should be eating a snack during the time between his main meals. Before going to the hospital he was stopping along side the road taking a nap of up to 2 hours at a time. Can you help us understand what might be going on?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012