Diabetes controlled with Metformin, exercise and diet, get severe leg pains, dull aching pain on top of legs on sitting. Help?

I m a T2 Diabetic controlled with Metformin , exercise and diet . For the exercise I do a 4mile circuit (2 miles walking, 2 miles jogging) 2-3 times a week. The problem is, is that I get leg pains in both legs, sharp shocking pain that travels down the length of the leg, a sharp throbbing pain traveling down, top front of my foot where it curves in from the shin and also I get a deep dull aching pain at the tops of my legs when sitting, making me very uncomfortable. These pains can come out of the blue and usually last for a few minutes. TIA
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012