Deviated nasal septum, nausea, breathing difficulty, trouble hearing due to fluid build up. Advised septoplasty. Second opinion?

Sure! My husband is 33 and has a deviated septum . He has alot of nausea in the mornings, can not breathe well during the day or at night, and has trouble hearing due to fluid on his ears. We went to an appointment with a local ENT who suggested boring holes into his sinuses, doing a septoplasty (sp), and removing his adnoids. Since we set a date for his surgery in 2 weeks we have heard nothing but horror stories about this surgery and that half of the time the tissue grows back and you are back at square one. Can having just the adnoids removed help and possible tubes in his ears??
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012