Developed hypersensitivity due to otitis media. Swollen ear lobes. Allergy?

Hello there, I ve just had otitis media in my right ear & seemed to have developed hypersensitivity to the fluid leaking from my ear. It has burnt the skin inside my ear canal & ear lobe, & now seems to be doing the same in my left ear. I had an allergic reaction to the first eardrops which made my skin bleed & resemble an open woud wherever it leaked. I ve done a course of antibiotics & my ENT has kept me on eardrops and steroid cream, but it s been 3 weeks now, my earlobes are crusty & very swollen and itchy. I have also since developed itching all over & asmall rash on my stomach, tiny red spots (not measles!hehe) ...My ENT says I may have an underlying allergy that is causing me to be hypersensitive to the fluid from my ears & has kept me on the same meds - minus the antibiotics.... any suggestions?? please help, it s driving me crazy and very worrying! Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013