Details about Congenital adrenal hyperplasia

is CAH treatment available well in India? How difficult is the life of a CAH affected baby girl initially and for the rest of the life?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia is a disorder of enzyme deficiency in the adrenal glands. The main treatment will be steroid replacement which depends on the type of CAH and which enzymes are deficient. You need to consult an Endocrinologist and get tested and then the right treatment may be given.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. Yes treatment of CAH or congenital adrenal hyperplasia is available in India. Depending on the enzymes absent in your child, she would require administration of steroids for normal body function. If the treatment is done in a good way by carefull monitoring and administration of steroids you child can lead a very good life both initially and later part of life. Wish her good health.
CAH treatment is available with most of the pediatric centres. The best one told to me is DR. Vageesh Ayyar from St. John's Hospital, ( as I am in bangalore) . child has to take tablet for entire life. for girl, its lesser complex than boy. Its not difficult life for them, but, some cases need constant hospitalisation. (salt water type CAH). It all depend on how we deal it . Our support for child wins the battle. My baby is doing well.
Dr Ayyar - Endocryanologist - availalable on Tue, Friday from 9 to 12 (50 Rs for normal or 300 rs for special) evening opd - 350 rs (wed,sat) you can call up and take an appointment ( not on the same day)
Dr. Vageesh is highly respected dr and private pediatricians and surgeons have sent me to him. he is humble and perfect in his work. He tells blood tests every three months that decided the dose of the tablet. That's it. St. Johns is not private clinic, so the pains of big hospital are there, but its worth for dr and your child.
pediatric surgeon, genetic dr.,councellor and all staff helped me a lot. Your child can become part of their group so that support is provided. But, I feel, its absolutely ok thing, unless, we take it like that. Doctors really help us to make things normal.