Dermatomyotisis without muscle involvement, hand ulcers. Want to know about intravenous immunoglobulin

hello, i have been diagnoised with dermatomyotisis without muscle involvement. Mine mostly affects the skin in that i have ulcers on my hands that are difficult to heal and inflammation in my fingers. I have had this almost a year and have received treatment with prednisone , plaquinil and methotrexate . I am wheening off prednisone now and am down to 15mg. I got off methotrexate after 8 weeks of using it. I have done well, but my inflammation rate is 64 on crp test. All other blood work is good. I am not in favor of taking harmful drugs and am interested in finding out too about intravenous immunoglobulin? Thank you, Barbara
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  42 Awaiting Answer