Depression due to homesickness. Sleeplessness, loss of apetite. Solution?

Hello! I just joined my medical school. I m living in a hostel. It s the first time I got away from home. Homesickness and workload from college makes me so depressed at times that I feel like running away from colleg and quit medicine. I can t sleep properly. I hate everything about the college. I ve lost my appetite . Nothing makes me happy. Here. I miss my home so much eventhough i go home every weekend. Please help me get out of this situation.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013