Depo shot taken. Would it be safe to have sex on ovulation day?

Hello, so I had my first Depo Provera shot on december 17 and the first day of my last period was on December 11. my boyfriend and i had sex on december 22. As far as my chart says i should be ovulating on December 29th what i wanted to know is that if it would be safe (depo being effective) if my boyfriend and i were to have sex tomorrow im also concerned about our previous act but i thought his sperm would have died off by the time my ovulation may/may not occur and that depo was effective 24 hours later (or so my dr. told me) i have just been receiving a lot of contradictory information in regards to repo
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012