Delivered twins, bled after it. Still have brown discharge. Reason?

Delivered my twin girls 5 weeks ago at 18 weeks. Postpartum bleeding progressively got lighter and went from bright red, to pink to brown. Around 4 weeks postpartum my bleeding turned bright red again and was just slightly heavier than my normal periods. Bleeding lasted about 10 days while gradually lessening. However I am still having brown discharge . It is not constant and seems to stop and start. Is this normal or something to be concerned about?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013