Delayed periods with sporadic cramps, had large clump of grey blood discharge. What happened ?

About a month ago, I was late for my period, I was very emotional, my breasts were tender and I thought for sure I was pregnant. Then about a week or so after my missed period I started having really sporadic cramps that were so bad I had to sit on the floor. After a day or two of these cramps I started what I thought was my period but a large clump the size of a half dollar that was white, grey and bloody came out, and I bled for the next 3 days. What happened?!
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012

In view of symptoms my first guess would be you had an abortion.I think you should get a sonography and if needed few blood test done to confirm this.