Delayed periods, very light bleeding. Possibility of being pregnant?

hi. i m 17 years of age, am sexuallly active with one partner. my period was 3 days late and started literally this afternoon. the thing about it is how watery it seems to be. For the pas couple of months, my period has been a lot lighter than usual. i hadn t thought anything of it, other than it being a nice break with lasting 4-6 days with one heavy day in the middle vs. 6-8 days with only the first and last days being light. i don t know if this is a problem or if i m pregnant. what should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012
Thanks for query,
As you got period you have no pregnancy.
due to hormonal level in blood your endometrial preparation occurs for fertilisation after ovulation & when it shed you got its flow depend upon the endometrium preparation & in turn hormonal level.
So nothing to worry for a change of 3-4 or 6-7 days.
If you have very prolonged periods then it requires any intervention.